The Life After College program started in 2015 as a three part workshop series paired with a “Senior Retreat Night” just before graduation to celebrate, reflect, and pray. This page is designed to contain general information about the current year’s program, as well as content from previous workshops.
Stay up to date with the latest information at our NLCF Class of 2016 Facebook Group!
Schedule of Events:
February 21, 2:30 PM @ The Loft- Workshop 1/Financials
– Focusing on budgeting, debt management, insurance, credit cards, loans, and mortgages, including 3 guest speakers
March 20, 2:30 PM @ The Loft- Workshop 2/Finding a Church Community
April 10, 2:30 PM @ The Loft- Workshop 3/Work & Faith
May 11, 6:00 PM @ Camp Tuk-a-way- Senior Night
– Join us for a night of celebration and reflection as you close out your senior year. There will be the traditional Senior Dinner, as well as worship, teaching, time for personal devotionals, prayer, story-telling, and more! It’s a night you won’t want to miss. Check out the video below for what seniors thought about the night last year.
The three workshops held in 2015 were 1) Financial, 2) Relational, and 3) Spiritual. Each workshop included guest speakers, as well as a wide swath of content and resources to make the times as valuable as possible.
Financial Workshop-Budgeting and debt management, insurance, credit, loans, mortgages, time value of money, etc.
Relational Workshop– Retirement planning, Finding a Church Community, Moving Away from the ‘Burg
Spiritual Workshop– The Great Commission, Theology of Work, What is my mission here?, Sharing your faith at work
Want to hear some testimonials about the impact of the workshop series? We asked a few of the seniors to share their thoughts on what they got out of the workshops:
Senior Retreat Night
Just before graduation was the Senior Retreat Night out at Camp Tukaway. It was a night of food, celebration, reflection, and prayer for the future. The night included:
- Chinese dinner (per NLCF tradition)
- Visit by the Hokie Bird! (*Cannot guarantee for the future!)
- Pastoral Sending
- Trips Down Memory Lane
- Alumni Wisdom
- Personal Reflection/Quiet Time
- Small Group Discussion
- Bonfire with S’mores!
Listen in for a few comments from last year’s Senior Retreat Night
Check out some photos from last year’s event!